Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It's been a few...

I didn't feel well enough over the last few days to do any updates. I have a few so here are a few...
  • The doctors have been talking for a while about sending me to Mayo Clinic or UT SW in Dallas. We all prefer me to be closer so we have been trying for UT SW. I finally got the phone call a few days ago from them telling me that I was accepted into the program and I will be seen March 19 by one of the nation's top mineral metabolist specialsts, Dr. Khashayar Sakhaee. I was actually quite impressed by the lengthy list of awards and accomodations he has received. This is a phone call we have all been hoping and praying we would get sooner than later for obvious reasons, however we were told these people are extremely busy and are notorious for having a backlog of people requesting to be their patients. Thank God for Dr. Kathleen Crowley having pull and being the fantastic person she is; we got in!

  • I went in to see Dr. Crowley Monday and went over my six inch medical chart she brought in in preparation for my upcoming visit with UTSW. I was amazed when she told me this is the second file they created! That is a ton of documentation in just three short years. Anyhow we went over my recent MRI on my hips and I actually got some Good news! There was no evidence of necrosis in the pelvic area, hips or lower spine. The ass of a tech who called to relay the radiology report initially scared us all by telling us there was a pelvic fracture and issue with my red bone marrow. When researching this we found the bone marrow issues all seemed to end at leukemia. Discussing this all with my mother over the weekend I found that leukemia is quite prevalent in our family; which didn't help my anxiety after reading all I had earlier that day. So we spent the weekend wondering if there was a possiblity I could have leukemia like the others had died from in my family. I expressed this to Dr. Crowley and she reviewed all my bloodwork for the last few years and confirmed that I in fact do not have any indications of having leukemia. Yay! There are a few other issues we discussed that were noted but are still unexplained. On the plus side, I did manage to walk and drive all by myself to the appointment so both her and I were quite impressed with that!

  •  I have been struggling for quite some time now with this extremely odd thing that is going on with my head. Lately, this weekend especially, it has gotten much worse and debilitating to the point that I was unable to sit up or even get out of bed. I sat down and really tried to figure it out and I really feel like after being in 8 car accidents, hospitalized for half a year and in bed most of the last three years, my body must be seriously out of alignment. Which I believe is causing the vast amount of pain I am in with my neck and is probably causing my dizzy/wobbly head issues. I spoke with a friend and she recommended a chiropractor she claimed to be a miracle worker. I went to see him for the first time yesterday and he uses a technique that does not have any actual hand manipulation. He uses a small painless tool that just clicks your body back into place. I noticed some immediate pressure relief in my neck. He was quite buy for the day so he recommended I come back in a few days to go over xrays and to do another treatment. He also said he would discuss my unique case with his nutritionist to see if there are any recommended supplements that might help with all the medical issues I currently have. I am crossing my fingers that this works and I will have some of my problems solved! I will find out more tomorrow. Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment