Saturday, February 18, 2012

I made a friend

You know you are getting old when you find yourself at the mall not shopping, but making friends with senior citizens by comparing ailments and inquiring about electric scooters.

Today I ventured out all the way to Dallas. That is the furthest I have been in a very very long time. I must say that by the end of the outing as I started to fall ill and was just exhausted, I grew more and more terrified that I would be too ill to make it home. It made me feel like a small child who is afraid to spend the night away from home. I was just terrified that at any moment my illness would take over like it does so well. The good thing was that as I waited for my mother to do any running around, parking the car, etc I made a new friend. She was very nice as she demonstrated to me her electric tricycle. After our initial meeting during passing in the mall, we eventually ended up in the same restaurant later on. Her and her husband even to joined us at our table and we spent the whole time comparing illnesses.

I am maxed out with exhaustion so I will continue my journey of healing tomorrow after some much needed sleep. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment