Friday, February 17, 2012

Dear Avascular Necrosis aka Osteonecrosis,

Today is February 17, 2012 I have decided today is the day I will begin the journey to kick your ass. The roller coaster of emotions will be put aside as I embark on my journey to beat you. I will fight and I will win. I will conquer you. The self pity is over. The days of sullenly waiting for the inevitable call from the physicians telling me my life is gone forever are over. I refuse your death sentence. And here and now I decide I will revoke the death you have sentenced me so many times. I challenge you to beat me. I have decided I will fix this. It can be done naturally and without you taking so many of my youthful body parts. It will be just short of a miracle and take lots of hard work, tons of research, a lot of dedication and infinite amounts of determination, but it can be done. And I will do it.

Today is the day I decided I will keep not one, but BOTH of my shoulders and not one, but BOTH of my knees. God gave me these for a reason and I damn well intend to keep them. Today I decided I will fight and I will win.

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! Kick its ass! The strength that you show everyday has helped me. I'm taking a break from drs for awhile. I have started researching about natural ways to help me. They just wanna keep doing test after test, which I cant afford. I hope you find a way that helps you. We are too young too feel this damn old!!! I think thats a country song..lol. You, Justin & the boys are always in my prayers :) xoxo Sarah

    ReplyDelete